The sigrok project aims at creating a portable, cross-platform, Free/Libre/Open-Source signal analysis software suite that supports various device types (e.g. logic analyzers, oscilloscopes, and many more).
It is licensed under the terms of the GNU GPL, version 3 or later. Design goals and features include:
- Broad hardware support. Supports many different devices (logic analyzers, oscilloscopes, multimeters, data loggers etc.) from various vendors.
- Cross-platform. Works on Linux, Mac OS X, Windows, FreeBSD, OpenBSD, NetBSD, Android (and on x86, ARM, Sparc, PowerPC, ...).
- Scriptable protocol decoding. Extendable with stackable protocol decoders written in Python 3.
- File format support. Supports various input/output file formats (binary, ASCII, hex, CSV, gnuplot, VCD, WAV, ...).
- Reusable libraries. Consists of the libsigrok and libsigrokdecode shared libraries which can be used by various frontends/GUIs.
- Various frontends. PulseView (LA GUI), sigrok-meter (DMM GUI), sigrok-cli (command-line), and other frontends all build upon the above libraries.
| Getting in touch
IMPORTANT: Unless explicitly specified otherwise, all contents in this wiki (including text and images) are released under the CC-BY-SA 3.0 license. If you don't want that, please explicitly specify another free-ish license when adding pages/images!